|With mini session season in full swing, I want to help you as much as I can to make your minis as simple and streamlined as possible. |
I’ve been offering mini sessions for my clients since 2016 and I’ve got my system down pat! If you’re curious about the tools and platforms I use to streamline my minis, look no further. Let’s get started!
1. The very first step to promoting and selling out your mini sessions is to send an email or two to your email list. I use Flodesk to send the most beautiful and fun-to-read emails that actually get opened so your minis get booked!
2. Once you’ve given your audience the head’s up about your minis, the next step is scheduling and online is the way to go! I use 17hats‘ online scheduling tool so my clients can quickly and easily see the dates and times I have available then book their spot without all the back and forth.
3. Now that my clients have chosen their session date and time, they need to sign their contract and pay their retainer fee. This is also done within 17hats! In fact, almost every email and piece of info I send to my clients throughout the mini session process is send via 17hats.
4. Once the client’s contract and retainer is complete, they’ll get the link to view my portrait style guide. I purchased Davey & Krista’s style guide template, then customized the page myself as a hidden link on my Showit website. If you don’t have a website yet, could easily use the text and send it as an email to your clients to help them prepare for their mini sessions.
5. When the sessions are shot, I come home and cull images in PhotoMechanic and only bring the best of the best into Lightroom for editing.
6. Once my clients’ images are edited and ready to be delivered, I use Pixieset online galleries. I send each client their individual gallery link so they can view, download, share, and even order prints, products, and holiday cards directly from their galleries!
That’s it! You don’t even need a website or blog to get started on your mini session offerings. I truly hope this list has helped to answer some questions regarding my mini session process, friend. Minis don’t have to be a ton of work or take a ton of time. As long as you have a system in place, minis can be easy!
If you’re dying to learn more about mini sessions, check out my mini session course!
Claim your FREE GUIDE to planning the maternity + newborn sessions of your dreams!
Are You Expecting?